Friday 4 March 2011

Audio

So, I decided that the class reading of Much Ado About Nothing was doing nothing for us as a class.  I investigated some audio versions that we could listen to and not have to try and figure out meaning as we read but listen to an interpretation and try and figure it out.  There's a difference in my head, not sure it sounds that way on "paper"!  (I guess that might be an idiom we have to explain in a historical context one day!).  I really wanted to find the free version of the Shakespeare's Globe play that the UK government made available but it is no longer available (boo).  There were two choices and I listened to the samples.  I did not like the voice of one's Benedick and the other was the BBC Radio version with David Tennant.  I downloaded it then realised as I was looking for the start of Act 2 (we did a good job of understanding Act 1 so didn't want to redo it) before class realised it had a Northern accent and a Scottish accent.  I didn't really think about it before, so hope my class will be able to understand - they enunciate clearly but I know the accents!

No comments:

Post a Comment