Thursday 30 August 2012

Back!

After taking a sabbatical last year, I am back in the classroom and enjoying it. One of the things I was able to do while away was do a lot of reading and I have lots of new ideas to implement but I am remembering some sage advice of picking one or two rather than trying to do everything!
One of the last books I read was Daniel's Pink Drive.  This was insightful about intrinsic and extrinsic motivation and I used some of the ideas in my prezi on assessment that I shared with my classes. (You can find the prezi here if you are interested).
One of the new things I am going to use this year is a blog with my Grade 9s.  I think it has the potential to improve their writing through more of a meaningful interaction with peers and writing for a wider audience than me.  At the moment I do not feel comfortable making it open beyond the class so maybe that will restrict the audience somewhat - but it's a start!  I decided to use kidblog as a safe option but wonder if edublog may have been better? I'm excited to see what might happen with this innovation.

No comments:

Post a Comment